My Adobe

my life according to me...

Monday, March 01, 2004

Wowserz, this is my third consecutive day of updating. My day was terrific (when do I ever use that word?) although I was slightly disappointed with what I recieved on my chemistry test, an eighty nine percent. I really thought I had done better considering the fact that I had put such an incredible amount of time and effort into it... I skipped a night of not going to the mosque and afterwards, even regretted missing the lecture. Oh well, I guess the grade's not too bad, and my average did increase by a lot. Now I'm awaiting my algebra quiz grade. Sigh. I hate school. Honestly, I'm really not a perfectionist. Well, some that I know well may argue to that but I know for a fact that I'm not. Of course, I like things being a certain way that I want them to be but I'm not obsessive about it or anything. I just expect more from myself.

Remember that friend who I mentioned in my last entry or the entry before that? I seem to have forgotten. But anyway, her and I began to talk normally with one another. That includes laughing together and whatnot, so I guess it's all good. Hehe. I was starting to get worried... I hate the silent treatment.

I have this friend who's contradictory in every way possible when it comes to religion so sometimes it's rather difficult when I talk to her. It's not that I mind, because I really enjoy talking to her about it and attempting to clear her misconceptions. More often than not, we talk about religion, but especially lately, it seems as if I'm talking to a wall. She's actually a practicing Christian, but she questions a lot about her faith and religion in general. She believes in Jesus but thinks that a lot of stuff that goes along with the Bible is fabricated, which of course, it is. She also believes in evolution. I explained to her that that's really just contradictory to the concept of creationism and Adam and Eve. She agrees with that, but still leans towards evolution. A little while ago, I sent her a website that highlights the reasons as to why the evolution theory cannot ever be actually proven and yata, yata, yata. I think it would be pretty helpful. Well, anyway, she started talking about how every religion in the world says that people of other religions will go to Hell. I started going on about Islam and how it's different because that's definitely not what Islam states about the people of the book. Although she believes in heaven and hell, she also has the idea that reincarnation is very much possible. Actually, not even heaven and hell, only heaven, and that everyone who's deserving will have their own personal hells. She also brought up a lot of other points and I think that if I work on it, I can maybe get her interested in Islam and have her see the reasoning in it. Of course, I'm not going to try to impose my beliefs on her because that's something that I absolutely detest and don't understand.

It's already March. Where the heck did February go?!? It seems as if it had just started yesterday. I think I'm getting old. Oh no. Anyway, I shall be back later, or whenever I feel like it, which may be never. Haha, just kidding! I think I'm addicted to my blog again! Isn't that wierd? Okay, I'm off the wall kind of hyper right now and it's starting to scare the friends who I'm talking to online at the moment. It's rather amusing if I do say so myself. Anyway, I better be going.