My Adobe

my life according to me...

Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Believe it or not, I've been in the school choir since freshmen year. Yeah, three years in a row. However, I'm certainly not signing up for it next year, and I strongly don't want to be in it at the moment, but I have no choice since it's a full-year elective. Not only have I completely lost interest in it, but I actually gave up listening to music back in November or so. I never really talked about it until now because it's more of a personal thing, I guess. I reached to a conclusion about music based on what I read and researched because there was no way that I was going to quit without looking into it beforehand. What I did come to discover brought me to quit listening to it altogether, and for the past four months or so, I haven't put on a song on my own accord. Initially, I hadn't thought that I'd stick to the promise that I had made to myself, but surprisingly enough, everything came out different from what I had predicted. I'm usually not good about these kind of things.

But anyway, my choir teacher's in love with me for some odd reason that I've never came to understand, and probably never even will. I have a feeling that me leaving choir will be a big disappointment to her, and I feel extremely guilty thinking about that. Not only that, but a bunch of my good friends are a part of it and I guess you can say taking choir for the past three years shaped me into the person that I am. I'm not sure if that makes sense but it does to me. I guess I have to put these little reasons aside and look at the bigger and far more important picture.

Today was the second day of the HSPAs, and I believe I did fine. At least, the exam was considerably easier for me than I had previously thought, so yay for that. For the first part of the test, we had to write our interpretations of a picture, and everyone that I know wrote the most morbid stories ever. I guess the picture itself could be percieved as morose and morbid or whatever. On the contrary, my story was as optimistic as ever since I turned the whole meaning of the picture around, lol. I was surprised with myself. Anyway, I'm going to have to make up yesterday's math portion of the exam since I was absent. Sigh.

I must get started on my homework! Oh, I got my algebra test back... an eighty eight. I didn't even make any mistakes! It's just that instead of putting my answers with commas in between them, I wrote them separately or something like that. It's hard to describe, but I really don't think she should have taken off so many points just for that, considering I had the correct answers. Eh, whatever.