My Adobe

my life according to me...

Thursday, March 11, 2004

This week has gone by amazingly fast and I am ever so thankful for that. It's depressing the heck out of me that I have absolutely nothing to look forward to for this weekend after so many eventful weekends. Hmm, maybe something may come up but that's highly doubtful.

The past weekend was great though. I attended a presentation at the New York mosque about these ruthless killings and it basically consisted of a bunch of speakers who made speeches pertaining to world issues and such. I figure I should have made a speech or contributed at least something, but there's always next month. It's roughly a program at my mosque that takes place once a month in which a specific topic is chosen for different people to speak about. Sounds interesting, doesn't it? Saturday was actually the first day that it took place and I have a feeling we'll be keeping up with it, insha'Allah. I'm looking forward to speaking next time since I need to open up more. I think they're going to take copies of these speeches and put them in a newsletter kind of thing.

Then on Sunday, my family went back to New York to my cousin's house. What can be better than going to New York two days in a row? Nothing at all. I had a fun time bonding with my cousins. I wish I saw them more often than I do now.

I want to move back to New York more than anything considering New Jersey bores me. I think it has to do with the fact that New York is where my cousins are, whom I am extremely close to. They never fail to disappoint me. My friends here in New Jersey have, for lack of better words, drifted away from me. I mean, I still talk to them on a regular basis but our friendships are no longer intact. I've tried to mend ties more than once and frankly, I don't care anymore because there is no formula for friendship. It's either there or it's not, and in this case, it's not.

Don't you hate it when someone that you strongly don't want to talk to instant messages you out of nowhere? Argh, I'm sick of coming up with the usual lame excuses in order to avoid the person. It makes me feel somewhat fake, although I'm anything but fake. It's not that I dislike the person, it's just that I have absolutely nothing even remotely productive to talk about with her. She always makes the rudest comments about nearly anything that comes out of my mouth. She's definitely not the type of person that I'd choose to associate myself with.

I broke my I-will-update-every-single-day promise. Oh well, it's not like I was going to keep it anyway, lol. I usually have these short blogging frenzies that last a week or so and then slowly fade away, only to return a few weeks later. You all must have realized that by now unless you're oblivious. I've always been horrible at commenting, regardless of the fact that I read all entries. I guess I'm not who would be considered good with responding. That would explain the severe lack of comments that I've been recieving lately, haha. Anyway, soon it'll be a whole year since I became a part of this blogging world that we like to call Blogistan. Wow, a whole year! Time is slipping through my fingers like sand. Soon I'll be a ninety year old hag. Whoah, I just scared myself.