My Adobe

my life according to me...

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

People are discouraging but sometimes that's good. You know, I gave up my "dream" of becoming a pharmacist after some indirect convincing from a few people such as my friends and guidance counselor, who I spent half of my lunch period talking to. I actually went to get my schedule for next year straightened out but somehow, a discussion about my future surfaced. I guess they're right about the fact that I shouldn't pursue something that would probably not even interest me in the future. I have no idea what I was thinking when I had decided a few years back that pharmacology is definitely what I want to major in. Ehh, I still have some time to decide everything over but the thing is, now that I've let go of pharmacy, I don't know what else I really want to do with my life. I mean, I have billions of interests but I'm not sure if they're what I'd make a career out of. For instance, I love history and English but I mean, I'm not sure if I'd major in those subject areas. Heck, more than half my schedule consists of intense history and English classes, completely outweighing my math and science classes. I actually would consider those areas but the thing is, my parents wouldn't appreciate it very much. Yeah, yeah... I know I shouldn't let my parents decide my whole future for me but I don't want to do something without their approval. Ugh, I don't know if I should be willing to sacrifice my happiness and fulfillment for theirs. Hmm, I can always think of other alternatives such as social working or even becoming a lawyer, but as I said before, I still have plenty of time to decide. I just need to come up with some ideas however vague they are.