My Adobe

my life according to me...

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

So I might get a job at Barnes & Noble. Woohoo, that means cash of my own! Honestly, I don't spend much to begin with. I'm not a huge fan of shopping so whenever I do have the need to go, it's my mom who drags me along her whether I want to go or not. My point is that I don't really need this job, but I'm going to go for it because I desperately need to fill up my time. It's the summer and the days are tediously long, so why not occupy my time with something that's somewhat productive, right?

There was a dawat at my house the Friday before the one that just passed and a lot of family from New York came over. My mom had planned it for my aunt that just came here from England for a visit after many years. My other aunt convinced my brother and I to spend a week at her house in New York, so of course I couldn't refuse since I have nothing else to do anyway. We returned from there yesterday. We did a lot with our cousins, including bowling, eating out, movies, and more. Overall, I had an awesome time and I wished I stayed longer than I did, which was about a week and a half.

While I was there, my cousin came up with the brilliant idea of starting a youth group. He called up prospective guys and I called up girls and as of yet, there are about twenty people willing to become a part of it. The first meeting will be on Sunday at the masjid near their house. Hmm, that does mean that every single Sunday, my brother and I will come all the way to New York to attend these weekly meetings. Sounds exciting, huh? Thing is, my cousin will see how it goes during the summer and then decide whether or not he should keep it going after the summer. Pray that we recieve a good response, insha'Allah.

On the other hand, life's been kind of confusing lately. Well, I'm perplexed about something specific and I don't know whether I should do something about it or just lay back and let the situation unfold itself. The former option can be risky considering my relationships with certain people can become awkward or even deteriorate. However, if I keep my heart optimistic, I can anticipate even something good happening as a result of taking action. Sigh. The latter option is just as risky, because if I never do a thing, then good things can be confounded out of my hands simply due to the reason that I didn't have the guts to initiate. I always turn to Allah (swt) for help and I just hope that everything falls into place as it should, and if things are not meant to be, and if I have to get hurt in order to prevent something worse happening in the future, then let me get hurt. It has happened before so what difference does one more time make?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home