My Adobe

my life according to me...

Saturday, April 03, 2004

Sometimes I worry too much for my own good and other times, I just don't worry enough. Sigh. It's like a neverending cycle. Nevertheless, I'm not going to stress over what my last entry's rambles were talking about. I'm simply going to live life day by day instead of mapping out each and every element of it. If I have a mind set on pursuing that direction, what's the fun in anything? Funny thing is that now I'm not nearly as confused and perplexed as I was two days ago. I've grasped a more clear understanding of what I want from my life. Insha'Allah, I hope to keep gaining focus of the bigger picture so I can eventually come to discover what's right for me and what's not.

The past week had been one of much discomfort and tumultuously overwhelming feelings of stress. Alhamdulillah, at least I survived the last week of the third marking period that I thought was never going to terminate. As one of my recent entries had stated, this spring break will consist of all that I haven't had a chance to do in what seems ages. Sleeping sounds unusually attractive compared to everything else that is on my list of things to do. I just hope I manage to snag some "me" time before we depart for California. Time to myself is what I need more than anything.

Hmm, this is rather off topic but I tend to do that a lot so I don't really care. So much can be misinterpreted online and that's one of the things that I don't particularly like about the net. It's strange because you can not mean something and the person on the other end will understand it as something entirely different from your original intentions. Eh, everything good comes with consequences. People should at least attempt to word their thoughts in a very specific way, making sure to oversee the overall tone of their words, so as not to send across the wrong or unintended message.

My family will be going to the mosque in New York tonight after weeks. I don't know, it was all so sudden and unexpected that I was surprised. Hmm, going there is always an interesting experience. Besides, I get the oppurtunity to reunite with my wonderful cousins who always manage to make me smile. They're just incredibly cool. I know I mention them a lot in my entries or at least, I believe I do. I probably do once in a while. Anyway, so I'm anticipating going there again. Woohoo :)