My Adobe

my life according to me...

Tuesday, April 06, 2004

My dad came home from work at around one in the afternoon to take my brother and I to our dentist for a checkup. While I was waiting for my mother after my appointment, I started a conversation with a young girl reading a Popular Science magazine and occupying the chair across from mine. Although at first glance most people would assume her to be extremely young, she said she was in the third grade. So we were talking and it turned out that she was reading the magazine for a school project, heh. Her mom and brother came out of a room and they seated themselves next to her. Her mom wouldn't stop glancing over at me. However, it wasn't anything that would make me feel uncomfortable because it was casual and rather harmless. Suddenly she asked me where I'm from and so I told her. Turned out she was a Syrian Muslim, hehe. I could have never imagined that they were Muslims. Masha'Allah, it's nice to come across Muslims like that considering the fact not many are to be found around where I live. She curiously inquired, "do people ever taunt you or say anything negative about your scarf?" I responded, "suprisingly enough, people that I've came across have been incredibly respectful to me." You know, it's funny when people ask me that question because I always have the same answer and others expect something completely different from what I respond with.

Hmm, tomorrow's my last free day before we leave. A part of me just wants to spend the rest of spring break here, not having to commit to anything. Sure, I want to see and experience something new but now's not the time for me. I haven't been feeling too great today and neither am I in the best of moods. I guess part of it has to do with the fact that my throat's been aching like crazy. I don't know what I could have done to cause it but I hope the soreness goes away soon. This is probably going to be my last update for a while, unless I decide to update tomorrow or from California.

I finished the PTV drama, Lab-e-Dariya, a little while ago. Yeah, I guess you can call PTV dramas a guilty pleasure of mine. It's what got me in a depressed mood because the ending was a great shock to me, lol. It ruined the whole atmosphere of the drama but my mom argues that it was a realistic ending. I'm a sucker for happy endings. Nevertheless, it was a good drama. My mom claims that I look exactly like the girl who plays Shafi Muhammad's daughter, Naheed Shabbir.

I put up a tagboard after a long, long time of not having one so go on and drop a comment or two to let me know you've been here. It's looking mighty empty at the moment. I also added a bunch of new links to the left so yeah, go check them out when you have a chance.