My Adobe

my life according to me...

Sunday, July 25, 2004

I've learned a lesson and that is to not get in the way of other people. Even if you were only trying to extend a friendly hand, you only end up getting hurt and feeling sorry for yourself. I don't understand how people can be so ruthlessly harsh, completely undermining the fact that their words and actions can break others.

There are times when I start feeling so miserable but then I think to myself, "so what if no one's on my side? Allah (swt) is on my side and always will be, so why am I torturing myself instead of holding my head up?" And to know that Allah (swt) is listening to me and understanding me better than I understand myself is too great a comfort. Slowly the pain begins to subside and I don't feel as pitiful. Breathing becomes easier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home