My Adobe

my life according to me...

Friday, July 30, 2004

Funny how just by my mom's vivid accounts of certain relatives of mine that reside in Pakistan, I have these clear images of them imprinted in my mind. How accurate they are, I don't know, but I'd like to find out someday. How long has it been since I've been to the motherland? Sad, but I was about a year old the last time I went, and that was for my mamoo's (mother's brother) wedding. People that I know visit often, maybe every year or every other year, and here I am, someone that has no idea about how it's like besides from the stories that others have relayed to me. So I'd really like to go sometime, preferably next summer since it'll be the ideal time for me to go, the summer before college. Due to my parents' overprotectiveness, however, my hopes may be futile since the idea of my going alone would be completely illogical.

I always wonder why my parents hesitate so much about going. What's the big deal? They don't ever provide me with substantial reasons for not going, so I'm always left with the notion that they don't want to have anything to do with Pakistan. I know that sounds extremely harsh, but that's how it comes off. I don't know what I base my reasoning on, but this idea's been in my head for many years and I have a hard time dispelling it.

I simply miss everyone there, regardless of however little I know them. Their stories have become a part of me, and I'd like to elaborate on that part of me. That can only happen when I actually meet these people in flesh and see for myself.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salam,

Its been a long time since I went back to my country too :-/

I guess your parents are scared, cos they cant trust alot of people, with me, my parents dont want me to go back cos of the messed up people there and the magic :S

If you want to go back, why not ask your parent to go with you?

- Nur :)

July 31, 2004 at 12:59 PM  
Blogger Little Princess said...

Hina: Of course I will visit you! Visiting the village side is definitely on top of my list.

Nur: Yes, maybe someday, insha'Allah.

August 2, 2004 at 1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home