My Adobe

my life according to me...

Saturday, October 23, 2004

You know, I try so hard to be objective when giving people dawah about Islam. I try and try to my utmost potential not to let my personal bias seep in, but half the time, it ends up happening anyway. Like, hijab for instance. When people question me about the meaning of it, they follow with another inquiry about whether or not it was my choice. Of course, I always say it's my choice and I did it out of my own free will, but is it necessary for me to say that? I think I make it sound as if it's not actually required. Obviously that's not my intention, but at times I may give the wrong message. It's a horrible feeling because I may be the only person in their life that ever had the chance to 'enlighten' them about the teachings of Islam. What if I messed up somehow? What if what I said was not taken the way it was meant to be taken? In no way do I ever purposely sugarcoat matters, because that's one of the things that people do that gets on my nerves. Why distort the actuality of an Islamic matter simply to get the approval of an individual? Lying is not the way to attract people to accept the message of Islam. Sometimes I wonder whether my responses to peoples' questions are just as bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home