My Adobe

my life according to me...

Saturday, November 13, 2004

I figured I should probably update this since it's been nearly a half a month, heh. Truth is I can't seem to word my thoughts lately, so that's partially the reason why I don't give this site as much attention as I should. Attempting to do so is a pain I'd really like to avoid. It's not that I don't have anything to say, because I do have many rants and whatnot that I'd love to get off my mind. It's just that I'm afraid of people misinterpreting me and taking me the way I didn't intend to be taken. That's something so ridiculously easy to do online, isn't it? You don't know the writer's tone of voice or his or her actual intentions. You can't completely sense sarcasm or the lack of seriousness in a writing. I know I shouldn't concern myself with other peoples' reactions, but for a person like me, that's difficult not to do. I'm the type of person that cares about what other people think.

Usually when I start blogging, I write the entry without a set topic in mind, so most of my entries turn out to be disorganized and all over the place. I'd like to change that, because I think as a writer, it's not a good habit for me to have. I need to write with a consistent pattern in mind instead of typing whatever comes to my fingers. Then again, typing whatever comes to my fingers is a great form of therapy anyway, so it's not as if I don't benefit from blogging. I want to get back into the scheme of things with blogging, because lately I don't seem to have any sort of medium for venting or expressing myself.

Anyway, what else is going on in my life? You know, I don't even know if anyone reads this anymore. Why should I even write about my life? It's not like anyone would come here especially to read about my thoughts and musings. Sometimes I feel as though I'm talking to myself. Well, then again, I technically am since it's not like I blog for specific people. I blog for myself, which is how it should be. Anything other than that would be slightly frivolous.

I have a major headache. Oh well, one hour until I get to eat! Eid is tomorrow, insha'Allah. I'm not going to start talking about how fast this Ramadan went by, because everyone's done it enough and I'm sure you guys don't want to hear about it again. All I'm going to say is that I didn't take as much advantage of this Ramadan as I should have, and that's completely my fault. I'm not going to blame it on circumstances or whatever else, because that would be dishonesty on my part, and I can't do that. Khair, there is always the rest of the year to improve myself, and who says it's only during Ramadan that we should take advantage of the bounties of Allah (swt)?

I'll end this entry with a few lines from a song that fits my current frame of mind :)

Hum dil de chuke sanam
Tere ho gaye he hum
Teri kasam

Ye duniya kare sitamb
Tujhpe mitnege hum
Teri kasam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home